Monday, March 1, 2010

Helpless


Being completely helpless ,or in this case defenseless, is NOT a good thing when your 2 yr old brother throws a temper tantrum while mom is in another room and decides to take it out on his 13 year old big brother just because he knows he can!!! Joshua decided to take out his frustration on big brother's face. This is one of many things that are TERRIBLE about SMA. Ryan was completely helpless in not only could he not push his brother OFF of him... But, he also couldn't yell loud enough for me to run in and rescue him. Joshua had a LONG talking to and was punished for his actions! But, poor Ryan still has these scratches on his tender face. :( It reminds me of a time when Ryan was only about 3 yrs old. Our van was parked in my parent's driveway and I left him for a couple of minutes in the van while I ran into my parent's house to grab some of his things. When I returned he was crying hysterically because a bee had landed in the car near him and he was completely helpless to do anything about it. He couldn't even swat it away! I felt so terrible. I had to hold him and comfort him for several minutes afterward. Oh the joys of SMA.

2 comments:

  1. Man, those are the things with SMA that just wrench my insides. The look on Ryans face just says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it awful?? I almost didn't want to post this. I was afraid people would think my 2 yr old was a monster. Really he's not. I don't think he'll be trying this again either!

    ReplyDelete